Mining at Goa government`s coal block to begin within a year
Panaji: Coal mining at the block allotted to the Goa government in Chhattisgarh will begin within a year, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told reporters here on Thursday.
Parrikar said that the union government has given its approval for floating a tender and fixing an agency to mine the coal from the block allotted to the Goa government.
The state-run Goa Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) has been a nodal agency handling matters at this block, he said.
The Goa chief minister said that mining is expected to happen at the block by December end this year or by January 2014.
The block which was allotted to the goa government in the year 2009 has a total area of 639 hectares.
Parrikar said that the Goa government will vet the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) signed with K S K Energy Venture to generate power from coal.
The Goa government is expected to generate 1800 mega watt (MW) of power from this coal block.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!