Minor girl gang-raped in Goa, five youths held
Panaji: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped in Mapusa town, police said Wednesday.
Five youths have been arrested in this connection last night, after the victim lodged a complaint against them, police said.
"The incident had taken place twenty days back, when the girl was invited by one of the accused at his house, claiming that his mother wants to speak to her," Vishram Borkar, Superintendent of Police (North) said.
However, the girl was forced to drink some beverage laced with sedative, following which she fell unconscious and was later gangraped, he said.
The complaint was lodged days after the incident as the school-going victim could not muster courage to tell about the incident to her parents.
However, a complaint was lodged yesterday after she narrated the incident to them.
Even after the incident, the accused had been demanding sexual favours from the girl, by threatening her to defame her socially.
Results of the medical examination conducted on the girl are awaited, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company