Minor girl gang-raped in Goa, five youths held
Panaji: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped in Mapusa town, police said Wednesday.
Five youths have been arrested in this connection last night, after the victim lodged a complaint against them, police said.
"The incident had taken place twenty days back, when the girl was invited by one of the accused at his house, claiming that his mother wants to speak to her," Vishram Borkar, Superintendent of Police (North) said.
However, the girl was forced to drink some beverage laced with sedative, following which she fell unconscious and was later gangraped, he said.
The complaint was lodged days after the incident as the school-going victim could not muster courage to tell about the incident to her parents.
However, a complaint was lodged yesterday after she narrated the incident to them.
Even after the incident, the accused had been demanding sexual favours from the girl, by threatening her to defame her socially.
Results of the medical examination conducted on the girl are awaited, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof