Minor girl gang-raped in Goa, five youths held
Panaji: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped in Mapusa town, police said Wednesday.
Five youths have been arrested in this connection last night, after the victim lodged a complaint against them, police said.
"The incident had taken place twenty days back, when the girl was invited by one of the accused at his house, claiming that his mother wants to speak to her," Vishram Borkar, Superintendent of Police (North) said.
However, the girl was forced to drink some beverage laced with sedative, following which she fell unconscious and was later gangraped, he said.
The complaint was lodged days after the incident as the school-going victim could not muster courage to tell about the incident to her parents.
However, a complaint was lodged yesterday after she narrated the incident to them.
Even after the incident, the accused had been demanding sexual favours from the girl, by threatening her to defame her socially.
Results of the medical examination conducted on the girl are awaited, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say