Minor girl raped in Goa, man held
Panaji: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man in Mapusa town, 8 kms from here, police said.
According to police, the accused Mahendra Kauthankar, who works as a bus conductor on private buses, took the victim to a nearby hill at Cansabhat in Thivim locality thursday and sexually assaulted her.
The complaint was lodged by the victim`s sister in this regard, police said.
Police have arrested the accused, who is booked under section 8 of Goa Children Act and under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership