Mixed response to bandh in Goa
Panaji: The NDA-led bandh against diesel price hike, FDI in retail and cap on subsidised LPG evoked a mixed response in Goa, which is currently ushering in the ten-day Ganpati celebrations.
While markets remained partially closed, the private buses remained off roads since morning.
The bus stands wore a deserted look, but the markets registered considerable presence of the people.
With Ganesh Chaturthi, the biggest festival of the state, commencing yesterday, the people were seen buying commodities required for celebrations.
There was no untoward incident reported as bandh was not forced either by NDA or Left parties.
The state-run Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited (KTCL) was plying its buses on the regular routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam