MLA alleges favouritism in Goa Carnival hosting contract
Panaji: An independent MLA on Monday alleged in the Goa Assembly that the contract to host this year`s carnival was given by way of a favour.
MLA Rohan Khaunte said that he had enough documents to back his claim.
Vinsan Graphics, a Goa-based firm, was given the contract to host Goa Carnival and Food and Cultural Festival this year by the BJP-led government.
According to Khaunte, this agency had been favoured many times in the past. "I want to know why other agencies were sidelined for the contract," he asked.
But Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said the tendering process was transparent. "The tender was open for everyone," he said, and dared the MLA to place documents on the floor of the house.
Khaunte said he would get the relevant documents.
In a written reply, Minister stated that Rs 3.48 crore were spent on the Carnival and Food Festival, held in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi