MLA alleges favouritism in Goa Carnival hosting contract
Panaji: An independent MLA on Monday alleged in the Goa Assembly that the contract to host this year`s carnival was given by way of a favour.
MLA Rohan Khaunte said that he had enough documents to back his claim.
Vinsan Graphics, a Goa-based firm, was given the contract to host Goa Carnival and Food and Cultural Festival this year by the BJP-led government.
According to Khaunte, this agency had been favoured many times in the past. "I want to know why other agencies were sidelined for the contract," he asked.
But Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said the tendering process was transparent. "The tender was open for everyone," he said, and dared the MLA to place documents on the floor of the house.
Khaunte said he would get the relevant documents.
In a written reply, Minister stated that Rs 3.48 crore were spent on the Carnival and Food Festival, held in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project