MLA alleges favouritism in Goa Carnival hosting contract
Panaji: An independent MLA on Monday alleged in the Goa Assembly that the contract to host this year`s carnival was given by way of a favour.
MLA Rohan Khaunte said that he had enough documents to back his claim.
Vinsan Graphics, a Goa-based firm, was given the contract to host Goa Carnival and Food and Cultural Festival this year by the BJP-led government.
According to Khaunte, this agency had been favoured many times in the past. "I want to know why other agencies were sidelined for the contract," he asked.
But Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said the tendering process was transparent. "The tender was open for everyone," he said, and dared the MLA to place documents on the floor of the house.
Khaunte said he would get the relevant documents.
In a written reply, Minister stated that Rs 3.48 crore were spent on the Carnival and Food Festival, held in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?