MLA alleges favouritism in Goa Carnival hosting contract
Panaji: An independent MLA on Monday alleged in the Goa Assembly that the contract to host this year`s carnival was given by way of a favour.
MLA Rohan Khaunte said that he had enough documents to back his claim.
Vinsan Graphics, a Goa-based firm, was given the contract to host Goa Carnival and Food and Cultural Festival this year by the BJP-led government.
According to Khaunte, this agency had been favoured many times in the past. "I want to know why other agencies were sidelined for the contract," he asked.
But Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said the tendering process was transparent. "The tender was open for everyone," he said, and dared the MLA to place documents on the floor of the house.
Khaunte said he would get the relevant documents.
In a written reply, Minister stated that Rs 3.48 crore were spent on the Carnival and Food Festival, held in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mann Ki Baat: Declare undisclosed income, assets voluntarily by Sept 30, it is last chance, says PM Modi
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient