MLA alleges favouritism in Goa Carnival hosting contract
Panaji: An independent MLA on Monday alleged in the Goa Assembly that the contract to host this year`s carnival was given by way of a favour.
MLA Rohan Khaunte said that he had enough documents to back his claim.
Vinsan Graphics, a Goa-based firm, was given the contract to host Goa Carnival and Food and Cultural Festival this year by the BJP-led government.
According to Khaunte, this agency had been favoured many times in the past. "I want to know why other agencies were sidelined for the contract," he asked.
But Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said the tendering process was transparent. "The tender was open for everyone," he said, and dared the MLA to place documents on the floor of the house.
Khaunte said he would get the relevant documents.
In a written reply, Minister stated that Rs 3.48 crore were spent on the Carnival and Food Festival, held in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali