Modi will bury BJP eight feet under in LS polls: Congress MP
Panaji: Narendra Modi will bury the BJP "eight feet under", a Congress MP from Goa said Monday adding that the Gujarat chief minister`s elevation as BJP poll campaign chief would make life easy for the ruling party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Modi`s appointment will bury the BJP not six feet under, but eight feet under," South Goa Lok Sabha MP Francisco Sardinha told reporters at a press conference at the Congress state headquarters here.
Six feet below ground level is the stipulated depth at which the Christian dead are normally buried.
Sardinha further said Modi`s appointment as chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s election management committee had already triggered sharp divisions within the saffron party, which he said would take its toll during the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"He is a divisive force not just for the country, but for the BJP itself," Sardinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack