Modi will bury BJP eight feet under in LS polls: Congress MP
Panaji: Narendra Modi will bury the BJP "eight feet under", a Congress MP from Goa said Monday adding that the Gujarat chief minister`s elevation as BJP poll campaign chief would make life easy for the ruling party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Modi`s appointment will bury the BJP not six feet under, but eight feet under," South Goa Lok Sabha MP Francisco Sardinha told reporters at a press conference at the Congress state headquarters here.
Six feet below ground level is the stipulated depth at which the Christian dead are normally buried.
Sardinha further said Modi`s appointment as chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s election management committee had already triggered sharp divisions within the saffron party, which he said would take its toll during the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"He is a divisive force not just for the country, but for the BJP itself," Sardinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery