Modi will bury BJP eight feet under in LS polls: Congress MP
Panaji: Narendra Modi will bury the BJP "eight feet under", a Congress MP from Goa said Monday adding that the Gujarat chief minister`s elevation as BJP poll campaign chief would make life easy for the ruling party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Modi`s appointment will bury the BJP not six feet under, but eight feet under," South Goa Lok Sabha MP Francisco Sardinha told reporters at a press conference at the Congress state headquarters here.
Six feet below ground level is the stipulated depth at which the Christian dead are normally buried.
Sardinha further said Modi`s appointment as chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s election management committee had already triggered sharp divisions within the saffron party, which he said would take its toll during the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"He is a divisive force not just for the country, but for the BJP itself," Sardinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened