Modi will bury BJP eight feet under in LS polls: Congress MP
Panaji: Narendra Modi will bury the BJP "eight feet under", a Congress MP from Goa said Monday adding that the Gujarat chief minister`s elevation as BJP poll campaign chief would make life easy for the ruling party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Modi`s appointment will bury the BJP not six feet under, but eight feet under," South Goa Lok Sabha MP Francisco Sardinha told reporters at a press conference at the Congress state headquarters here.
Six feet below ground level is the stipulated depth at which the Christian dead are normally buried.
Sardinha further said Modi`s appointment as chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s election management committee had already triggered sharp divisions within the saffron party, which he said would take its toll during the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"He is a divisive force not just for the country, but for the BJP itself," Sardinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees