Monitor Ram Sene`s activities: Cong asks Goa govt
Panaji: Days after Sri Ram Sene stated its plans to set up a branch in Goa, the Congress today demanded that the Manohar Parrikar-led government should monitor the movement of the right wing group.
Goa Pradesh Congress Committee`s working president Fransisco Sardinha said the ban on the organisation is not a solution as they could restart activities in some other name.
"I don`t know whether they can be legally banned but their movement should be totally monitored," he told reporters here.
Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muttalik had recently revealed the group`s plan to open a wing in Goa.
The organisation will be opposing "pub culture" and they, while not resorting to violence, will create awareness against it, he had said.
Sardinha said Sene should not be forcing their beliefs on others.
"You are free to follow different beliefs but you are not free to impose your ideas on others," he said.
To a question, the senior parliamentarian refused to demand monitoring of Sene`s movement across India and said, "I am concerned about Goa. Let us talk of Goa first."
Sri Ram Sene hit headlines in 2009 when its activists attacked a group of women in a pub in Mangalore, Karnataka, alleging indecency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India