MP: Cop fined for not acting promptly on suicide report
Indore: A police inspector has been slapped with a fine of Rs 1,000 for not acting immediately
on a report of suicide, and letting the dead body remain hanged for over 12 hours.
The Pardeshipura Station House Officer Santosh Singh
Bhodoria was fined Rs 1,000 for being lax in the performance
of duty following a probe, Senior Superintendent of Police D
Sriniwas Rao told reporters today.
Jitendra Kamle (20) committed suicide by hanging himself
at his house in Firoz Gandhi Nagar, under the jurisdiction of
Pardeshipura police station, on February 19.
Local police were informed about it at 11 pm, but they
reached the spot only the next day, at 9.30 am, Kamle` parents
Then, after the necessary paper-work, the body which had
remained hanged for 12 hours, was taken down and sent for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'