MP: Cop fined for not acting promptly on suicide report
Indore: A police inspector has been slapped with a fine of Rs 1,000 for not acting immediately
on a report of suicide, and letting the dead body remain hanged for over 12 hours.
The Pardeshipura Station House Officer Santosh Singh
Bhodoria was fined Rs 1,000 for being lax in the performance
of duty following a probe, Senior Superintendent of Police D
Sriniwas Rao told reporters today.
Jitendra Kamle (20) committed suicide by hanging himself
at his house in Firoz Gandhi Nagar, under the jurisdiction of
Pardeshipura police station, on February 19.
Local police were informed about it at 11 pm, but they
reached the spot only the next day, at 9.30 am, Kamle` parents
Then, after the necessary paper-work, the body which had
remained hanged for 12 hours, was taken down and sent for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers