MPT to curbe dubious ore consignments
Panaji: The Mormugao Port Trust (MPT) in Goa
has said they will only allow exports of legally permissible
ore from the port.
MPT Chairman P Mara Pandiyan in a statement, said that
the port will not permit any dubious consignments to leave the
The port`s statement comes in the wake of increasing
illegal mining trade being executed through Goa ports -- MPT
and Panaji Port.
MPT held a meeting recently with the exporters giving
them the directions.
"They should take sufficient care to ensure only legally
permissible iron ore is sent to the port," the Chairman said
adding "if the stipulated rules are not followed, the port
will go to the extent of stopping vessel movement which will
result in heavy loss for the exporter and action will also be
Of the total 54 million metric tonnes of Ore exported
through Goa, majority of it is sent through MPT.
Karnataka Lokayuktas report had pointed out that almost
45 lakh tons of Ore from Karnataka was sent through MPT,
Justice M B Shah Commission is investigating the illegal
iron ore export trade in the state which is pegged between
Rs 1,200-10,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark