Nadia death case: Goa Police summon Pacheco’s wife
Panaji: The Goa Police’s Crime Branch on Saturday issued summons to former state tourism minister Fransisco Pacheco’s wife, Viola, to appear before it.
The summons to Viola came close on the heels of Goa Police conducting a raid on Pacheco`s residence.
On Friday evening, the police raided Pacheco`s house at Goa’s Betalbhatim.
During the raid, police recovered six computers.
According to a family source, Viola will appear before the crime branch and face questions.
Pacheco, who is a prime suspect in Nadia Torrado’s mysterious death case, is still at large.
On Thursday, the Panaji Sessions Court had rejected Pacheco’s anticipatory bail plea. Now, he might approach the Bombay High Court with anticipatory bail plea.
The crime branch has accused Pacheco of being involved in the mysterious death of Nadia, who was a close friend of him.
Pacheco’s Officer on Special Duty (OSD), Lyndon Monteiro, has been made co-accused in this case.
Pacheco and Monteiro are on the run since June 06 when the Crime Branch called them for questioning.
Police have said that both would be arrested once they appear before investigating authorities as their custodial interrogation is required to solve the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!