Nadia death case: Goa Police summon Pacheco’s wife
Panaji: The Goa Police’s Crime Branch on Saturday issued summons to former state tourism minister Fransisco Pacheco’s wife, Viola, to appear before it.
The summons to Viola came close on the heels of Goa Police conducting a raid on Pacheco`s residence.
On Friday evening, the police raided Pacheco`s house at Goa’s Betalbhatim.
During the raid, police recovered six computers.
According to a family source, Viola will appear before the crime branch and face questions.
Pacheco, who is a prime suspect in Nadia Torrado’s mysterious death case, is still at large.
On Thursday, the Panaji Sessions Court had rejected Pacheco’s anticipatory bail plea. Now, he might approach the Bombay High Court with anticipatory bail plea.
The crime branch has accused Pacheco of being involved in the mysterious death of Nadia, who was a close friend of him.
Pacheco’s Officer on Special Duty (OSD), Lyndon Monteiro, has been made co-accused in this case.
Pacheco and Monteiro are on the run since June 06 when the Crime Branch called them for questioning.
Police have said that both would be arrested once they appear before investigating authorities as their custodial interrogation is required to solve the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok