Nadia talked to many people after taking poison: Family friend
Panaji: A close friend of Nadia Torrado`s
family Sunday revealed that Nadia had gone to the market and
interacted with many people after she consumed poison on May
The statement comes as a fresh revelation in the backdrop
of arrest of Nadia`s mother Sonia yesterday, who was charged
with abetting suicide of her daughter, culpable homicide and
destruction of evidence.
"Nadia was in the market after 9.30 am and returned back
home at around 11.50 am. She had interacted with many people
including a newspaper vendor," Maria Mascarenhas, a close
friend of Torrado family told reporters here.
Mascarenhas is nursing Nadia`s brother Konrad at
Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour after he went into
depression following his mother`s arrest.
Former Goa tourism minister Fransis Mickey Pacheco and
Sonia were arrested by crime branch under charges of abetting
Nadia`s suicide, culpable homicide and destruction of
Nadia, who took poison on May 15, had died on May 30
after being treated at various hospitals in Goa, Thane
(Mumbai) and Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?