Naik assures action against cop for links with drug peddlers
Panaji: Goa home minister Ravi Naik today
said action would be taken against police inspector exposed in
a video for his alleged links with drug peddlers within next
Naik said state police officers are studying the video
footage uploaded on Youtube. "The action would be taken in
next two days," he said.
The controversial tape has alleged that inspector Ashish
Shirodkar, earlier attached to state`s anti narcotic cell
(ANC), was stealing drugs from the police lockers and selling
it to the drug peddlers.
The video, uploaded two years back, has Israeli national
Atala, allegedly involved in state`s drug trade, confessing
that Shirodkar has been giving him protection and also
providing the drugs confiscated during various raids.
The footage which is being examined by the police also
shows Atala claiming that the drugs sealed by the court after
arrest of the drug sellers was stolen by Shirodkar and later
pushed back in the market.
"This should not have happened. If officers who are
supposed to work for the people and weed out illegalities like
drugs are acting like this, we will not spare them," Naik
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video