Narendra Modi takes an apparent dig at AAP
Panaji: In an apparent dig at Aam Aadmi Party, Narendra Modi on Sunday night asked whether good can happen by constantly being on TV screens or through constructive vision on the ground.
"People must decide-- will good happen by constantly being on TV screens or through constructive and development-oriented vision on ground," he tweeted soon after addressing a rally here.
Earlier at the rally, Modi praised the "simplicity" and the humble background of Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar saying had he been in Delhi, the country would have known him well "but what can we do, he is in Goa and not in Delhi and media does not see beyond Delhi."
He also took a veiled dig at the `lack of experience` of the AAP functionaries, saying the country needs "people who have experience to take it forward and we are determined to do that."
Citing his personal experience of contesting elections in Gujarat, he said, "I have been serving Gujarat for 12 years. On TV screens and pages of newspapers, I have always lost and could never win them over. But I have never lost in people`s hearts."
Modi also sought to bring out the humble background of BJP chief ministers including Shivraj Singh Chauhan in MP, Raman Singh in Chhatisgarh and former Himachal CM Prem Kumar Dhumal saying they come from common families and are serving the country now.
He said it was the power and strength of BJP that a tea seller like him was groomed to lead the party.
Modi said in the 2014 elections, people have to vote for India and not for any individual or any party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video