Narendra Modi to address public meeting in Goa in December
Panaji: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address a public meeting in Goa in first week of December, a senior party official said on Friday.
More than one lakh people are expected to attend the meeting, BJP Goa unit president Vinay Tendulkar said after attending a meeting of party office-bearers held here.
Senior party leader Venkaiah Naidu, who is in Goa on a two-day visit, chaired the meeting which was attended by senior leaders, including Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
The meeting took stock of preparations for the next Lok Sabha polls in both constituencies of the state, Tendulkar said.
"The public meeting by Modi in Goa would be one of the 100 meetings planned," he said.
Modi`s selection as a poll campaign in-charge for the party was held in Goa during its national executive in June this year. Thereafter, the Gujarat Chief Minister had addressed a public meeting at Taleigao village, near Panaji.
The details of Modi`s meeting and whether it would be held in North or South constituency are yet to be finalised, Tendulkar said.
The party meet today also decided to hold conventions of Scheduled Tribes and Kissan Morcha and booth-level meetings across Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles