Narendra Modi to address public meeting in Goa in December
Panaji: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address a public meeting in Goa in first week of December, a senior party official said on Friday.
More than one lakh people are expected to attend the meeting, BJP Goa unit president Vinay Tendulkar said after attending a meeting of party office-bearers held here.
Senior party leader Venkaiah Naidu, who is in Goa on a two-day visit, chaired the meeting which was attended by senior leaders, including Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
The meeting took stock of preparations for the next Lok Sabha polls in both constituencies of the state, Tendulkar said.
"The public meeting by Modi in Goa would be one of the 100 meetings planned," he said.
Modi`s selection as a poll campaign in-charge for the party was held in Goa during its national executive in June this year. Thereafter, the Gujarat Chief Minister had addressed a public meeting at Taleigao village, near Panaji.
The details of Modi`s meeting and whether it would be held in North or South constituency are yet to be finalised, Tendulkar said.
The party meet today also decided to hold conventions of Scheduled Tribes and Kissan Morcha and booth-level meetings across Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic