Narendra Modi to address rally in Goa next month
Panaji: As part of BJP`s campaign in run up to the Lok Sabha polls, the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address a public rally in Goa in the second week of January.
The exact date of the rally would be announced later but it will be held in the second week of January, BJP Goa President Vinay Tendulkar said today.
The public meeting is part of Modi`s plan to address 100 rallies across the country ahead of the general elections likely to be held in April-May 2014.
Tendulkar said BJP expects around one lakh people to attend the event, where BJP leaders like Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and Venkaiah Naidu will also be present.
The Gujarat Chief Minister was appointed BJP`s 2014 election campaign chief at a party event held in Goa in June his year.
This would be Modi`s first public event in Goa after being nominated the Prime Ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday