NCP asks Parrikar to evaluate performance of his ministers
Panaji: The NCP on Wednesday demanded that the Manohar Parrikar-led BJP government in Goa should evaluate performance of its ministers.
"When the Chief Minister appointed his Cabinet, he had promised that he would evaluate the performance of his ministers at the end of six months," NCP Goa unit president Nilkant Halarnkar told reporters here.
It is almost 16 months and there has been no audit of the ministers` performance, he said.
"The Chief Minister is fully aware that the performance of the government till date has been very poor and any attempt to evaluate it would compel him to sack more than three-fourth of the ministers," Halarnkar claimed.
Party spokesman Trojan D`Mello also criticised the functioning of the state tourism department while alleging that "the beaches are dirty. No proper toilet facilities exist, no changing rooms for tourists, illegal hawking has reached its peak and the women are not safe on the beaches."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users