NCP asks Parrikar to evaluate performance of his ministers
Panaji: The NCP on Wednesday demanded that the Manohar Parrikar-led BJP government in Goa should evaluate performance of its ministers.
"When the Chief Minister appointed his Cabinet, he had promised that he would evaluate the performance of his ministers at the end of six months," NCP Goa unit president Nilkant Halarnkar told reporters here.
It is almost 16 months and there has been no audit of the ministers` performance, he said.
"The Chief Minister is fully aware that the performance of the government till date has been very poor and any attempt to evaluate it would compel him to sack more than three-fourth of the ministers," Halarnkar claimed.
Party spokesman Trojan D`Mello also criticised the functioning of the state tourism department while alleging that "the beaches are dirty. No proper toilet facilities exist, no changing rooms for tourists, illegal hawking has reached its peak and the women are not safe on the beaches."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi