NCP decides to organise itself in Goa
Panaji: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Goa has decided to re-organise itself a year after it faced humiliating defeat in the assembly elections.
NCP Goa Observer Dipak Kesarkar said on Monday evening that the party will be built right from the booth to the state level.
"Whatever we faced in the last election was due to the anti-establishment wave. Now we are organizing ourselves again," he said.
NCP which fought the March assembly polls last year in alliance with Congress had lost in all the seats, wiping out its existence from the state legislative assembly.
Kesarkar said the party has learnt lessons from its defeat. The NCP, he said, has more than 20,000 members and it will have its block level committees in place in all the 40 constituencies.
"The efforts are made to make the party stronger," Kesarkar said. The party yesterday announced names of its leaders who would be in charge of the districts and state level affairs, till committees are properly elected.
NCP supremo Sharad Pawar had recently announced name of former minister Nilkant Halarnkar as the party`s state chief, while several leaders who had deserted the party during last polls were re-inducted.
Trojano D`Mello, one of the senior leaders who had left the party to contest poll as an independent candidate from Saligao constituency, was re-inducted and elevated to the post of chief spokesman, Kesarkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown