NCP decides to organise itself in Goa
Panaji: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Goa has decided to re-organise itself a year after it faced humiliating defeat in the assembly elections.
NCP Goa Observer Dipak Kesarkar said on Monday evening that the party will be built right from the booth to the state level.
"Whatever we faced in the last election was due to the anti-establishment wave. Now we are organizing ourselves again," he said.
NCP which fought the March assembly polls last year in alliance with Congress had lost in all the seats, wiping out its existence from the state legislative assembly.
Kesarkar said the party has learnt lessons from its defeat. The NCP, he said, has more than 20,000 members and it will have its block level committees in place in all the 40 constituencies.
"The efforts are made to make the party stronger," Kesarkar said. The party yesterday announced names of its leaders who would be in charge of the districts and state level affairs, till committees are properly elected.
NCP supremo Sharad Pawar had recently announced name of former minister Nilkant Halarnkar as the party`s state chief, while several leaders who had deserted the party during last polls were re-inducted.
Trojano D`Mello, one of the senior leaders who had left the party to contest poll as an independent candidate from Saligao constituency, was re-inducted and elevated to the post of chief spokesman, Kesarkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections