NCP leader appointed to state-owned agricultural institute
Panaji: NCP leader Bharati Chavan has been appointed to the general council of National Institute of Agriculture Extension, an undertaking of Union Agriculture Ministry.
Chavan, who was in-charge of NCP`s Goa unit during last year`s Assembly elections, is considered to be a close aide of party chief and union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
Chavan`s appointment to the institute is for three years. Pawar is the chairman of the institute, while party leader Tariq Anwar is the vice chairman.
The institute assists Government of India, state governments and public sector undertakings "in effective management of agriculture extension system", a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar