NCP leader appointed to state-owned agricultural institute
Panaji: NCP leader Bharati Chavan has been appointed to the general council of National Institute of Agriculture Extension, an undertaking of Union Agriculture Ministry.
Chavan, who was in-charge of NCP`s Goa unit during last year`s Assembly elections, is considered to be a close aide of party chief and union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
Chavan`s appointment to the institute is for three years. Pawar is the chairman of the institute, while party leader Tariq Anwar is the vice chairman.
The institute assists Government of India, state governments and public sector undertakings "in effective management of agriculture extension system", a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port