NCP leader appointed to state-owned agricultural institute
Panaji: NCP leader Bharati Chavan has been appointed to the general council of National Institute of Agriculture Extension, an undertaking of Union Agriculture Ministry.
Chavan, who was in-charge of NCP`s Goa unit during last year`s Assembly elections, is considered to be a close aide of party chief and union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
Chavan`s appointment to the institute is for three years. Pawar is the chairman of the institute, while party leader Tariq Anwar is the vice chairman.
The institute assists Government of India, state governments and public sector undertakings "in effective management of agriculture extension system", a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon