NCP leader appointed to state-owned agricultural institute
Panaji: NCP leader Bharati Chavan has been appointed to the general council of National Institute of Agriculture Extension, an undertaking of Union Agriculture Ministry.
Chavan, who was in-charge of NCP`s Goa unit during last year`s Assembly elections, is considered to be a close aide of party chief and union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
Chavan`s appointment to the institute is for three years. Pawar is the chairman of the institute, while party leader Tariq Anwar is the vice chairman.
The institute assists Government of India, state governments and public sector undertakings "in effective management of agriculture extension system", a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’