NIA questions Sanatan Sanstha trustee
Panaji: In their first ever visit after taking over Margao blast case, National Investigating Agency (NIA) officials today questioned Sanatan Sanstha’s managing trustee Virendra Marathe at its Ramnathi ashram.
Sources confirmed that the five member NIA team visited ashram and inquired about the functioning of Sanstha, which has been under scanner after Margao blast.
Marathe reportedly informed the team about various activities of Sanstha in spirituality and publishing.
The officials also questioned about the ashram inmates and activity of Spiritual Science Research Foundation, a like minded organisation.
Sanatan Sanstha is under scanner after October 16 Margao blast that killed two people. The initial investigation by Goa police`s special investigation team (SIT) had revealed that original plan was to trigger blasts at five places, which went awry after pre-mature blast in Margao.
Goa police had arrested Four persons, all affiliated to Sanatan Sanstha, in connection with the blast before handing over the case to NIA, which is a federal agency formed to probe terrorist activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders