Nine Goa Congress legislators want to join us: BJP
Panaji: Goa`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday said nine Congress legislators in the state wanted to join it.
"They are talking of destabilising our government even as several of their (Congress) legislators are wanting to switch from the Congress," BJP state vice president Wilfred Mesquita told reporters here.
His comments came after a day of hectic rumours that the mining industry players were in talks with Congress leaders looking to pull in several BJP legislators linked to the mining industry to bring down the government.
Comments of Congress secretary Sudhakar Reddy, hinting that BJP legislators were in talks with the Congress to switch over, purportedly because the government was unable to resolve the mining impasse.
"This government will come down on its own because it is unable to resolve any problem, let alone the mining crisis," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends