Nine Goa Congress legislators want to join us: BJP
Panaji: Goa`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday said nine Congress legislators in the state wanted to join it.
"They are talking of destabilising our government even as several of their (Congress) legislators are wanting to switch from the Congress," BJP state vice president Wilfred Mesquita told reporters here.
His comments came after a day of hectic rumours that the mining industry players were in talks with Congress leaders looking to pull in several BJP legislators linked to the mining industry to bring down the government.
Comments of Congress secretary Sudhakar Reddy, hinting that BJP legislators were in talks with the Congress to switch over, purportedly because the government was unable to resolve the mining impasse.
"This government will come down on its own because it is unable to resolve any problem, let alone the mining crisis," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test