Nine Goa Congress legislators want to join us: BJP
Panaji: Goa`s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday said nine Congress legislators in the state wanted to join it.
"They are talking of destabilising our government even as several of their (Congress) legislators are wanting to switch from the Congress," BJP state vice president Wilfred Mesquita told reporters here.
His comments came after a day of hectic rumours that the mining industry players were in talks with Congress leaders looking to pull in several BJP legislators linked to the mining industry to bring down the government.
Comments of Congress secretary Sudhakar Reddy, hinting that BJP legislators were in talks with the Congress to switch over, purportedly because the government was unable to resolve the mining impasse.
"This government will come down on its own because it is unable to resolve any problem, let alone the mining crisis," Reddy said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!