Nine Goa MLAs break traffic rules
Panaji: At least nine legislators violated traffic rules Friday when they drew to the State Legislative Assembly complex from the highway without wearing helmets, and one of the bikes did not even have a number plate.
This happened minutes before the House proceedings began when five BJP legislators, three independents including a minister and a Goa Vikas Party MLA rode on five high-powered bikes to the assembly, much to the surprise of all the security persons and traffic police stationed at the highly guarded complex.
BJP`s Glenn Ticlo, Pramod Sawant, Michael Lobo, Nilesh Cabral and Carlose Almeida, Independents Avertano Furtado (Fisheries minister), Rohan Khaunte and Naresh Sawal and Goa Vikas Party legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco drove to the complex on Harley Davidson and Enfield Bullets.
Also, the bullet drove by Glenn Ticlo, a legislator from Aldona constituency, had no number plate.
None of the legislators, who had discussed on the issue of compulsion of helmets on the highway in the current assembly session, were wearing them.
Goa government has made helmet compulsory for riders on the highways, while pillion riders are exempted.
"We want to show to the people of Goa that today’s MLAs also have enthusiasm to ride bikes," Ticlo said making light of the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence