Nine Goa MLAs break traffic rules
Panaji: At least nine legislators violated traffic rules Friday when they drew to the State Legislative Assembly complex from the highway without wearing helmets, and one of the bikes did not even have a number plate.
This happened minutes before the House proceedings began when five BJP legislators, three independents including a minister and a Goa Vikas Party MLA rode on five high-powered bikes to the assembly, much to the surprise of all the security persons and traffic police stationed at the highly guarded complex.
BJP`s Glenn Ticlo, Pramod Sawant, Michael Lobo, Nilesh Cabral and Carlose Almeida, Independents Avertano Furtado (Fisheries minister), Rohan Khaunte and Naresh Sawal and Goa Vikas Party legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco drove to the complex on Harley Davidson and Enfield Bullets.
Also, the bullet drove by Glenn Ticlo, a legislator from Aldona constituency, had no number plate.
None of the legislators, who had discussed on the issue of compulsion of helmets on the highway in the current assembly session, were wearing them.
Goa government has made helmet compulsory for riders on the highways, while pillion riders are exempted.
"We want to show to the people of Goa that today’s MLAs also have enthusiasm to ride bikes," Ticlo said making light of the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh