NIO inks MOU with China`s Zhejiang Ocean varsity
Panaji: Goa-based National Institute of
Oceanography (NIO) and China`s Zhejiang Ocean University (ZOU) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for joint research
projects in marine biology, ecology, biotechnology,
mariculture and coastal zone management.
NIO officials said that the maiden understanding is for a
period of five years with scope and intent for renewal.
NIO`s Dr N. Ramaiah and ZOU`s Prof. Wu Changwen will be coordinating under this MoU.
"The envisaged cooperation and consultation in the chosen
areas will be accomplished through joint research proposals,
researchers and information exchanges, access to research
enabling instrumentation and an implementation committee
comprising staff scientists and faculty from NIO and ZOU,"
ZOU`s contribution to the local society and economy in
China is through its academic-industry research model with
emphasis on subject domain specialisation and development.
The university had won thrice the National Scientific and
Technological Advancement Awards in the recent past and is
among the three marine research and educational institutes in
NIO is one of the 38 constituent laboratories of the
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter