Nitesh Rane caused Rs.15 lakh damage: Goa minister
Panaji: The vandalism by Maharashtra minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh at a Goa border toll booth caused a loss of Rs.15 lakh, Goa Transport Minister Sudin Dhavalikar said Thursday.
"The loss to government property caused by Nitesh Rane is around Rs.15 lakh," Dhavlikar told reporters at the state secretariat here.
The toll booth at the Goa-Maharashtra border, which Rane and his entourage smashed Tuesday, is operated by the Goa state transport department. Three toll operators were also beaten up by Nitesh`s supporters.
Nine people, including Nitesh, were arrested by police and later released on bail.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has denied allegations that police let off Nitesh lightly, but confirmed he received a phone call from Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane after his son Nitesh`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends