Nitesh Rane caused Rs.15 lakh damage: Goa minister
Panaji: The vandalism by Maharashtra minister Narayan Rane`s son Nitesh at a Goa border toll booth caused a loss of Rs.15 lakh, Goa Transport Minister Sudin Dhavalikar said Thursday.
"The loss to government property caused by Nitesh Rane is around Rs.15 lakh," Dhavlikar told reporters at the state secretariat here.
The toll booth at the Goa-Maharashtra border, which Rane and his entourage smashed Tuesday, is operated by the Goa state transport department. Three toll operators were also beaten up by Nitesh`s supporters.
Nine people, including Nitesh, were arrested by police and later released on bail.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has denied allegations that police let off Nitesh lightly, but confirmed he received a phone call from Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane after his son Nitesh`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll