No ban on iron ore exports from Goa: Kamat
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat
on Thursday dismissed reports about a possible ban on iron ore
exports from the state following a recommendation by the
Justice MB Shah Commission, saying he had heard nothing about
"No one has told me that (iron ore) exports would be
banned. How can I approach the Centre asking to stall the
ban," he asked.
"I cannot make irresponsible statements based on media
reports. How can I react without reading the (Justice
report)," he questioned.
Kamat was reacting to the report by a television channel
which had quoted Shah Commission`s report recommending a ban
on the iron ore exports from Goa.
The commission has been enquiring into the illegal iron
ore trade in the state since September.
"I was approached by a national television journalist for
reaction. I asked him whether he has a report, he said he is
not having it," Kamat told reporters here after the channel
quoting the Shah Commission`s interim report claimed that
mines related to politicians were involved in the illegal iron
Earlier, Mines Secretary S Vijay Kumar told PTI that the
Centre is yet to receive the Justice MB Shah Commission
report on illegal mining in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh