‘No deadline for probe into Goa illegal mining’
Panaji: The Central government-appointed
Justice MB Shah Commission on Monday said there is no specific
time-frame to finish the enquiry initiated into the illegal
mining trade in Goa.
"There is no deadline. As soon as we finish we will
submit the report," UV Singh, a senior member of the
Commission told reporters after holding discussion with the
senior officials including Additional Principal Chief
Conservator of Forests Dr Shashi Kumar and Director of Mines
and Geology Arvind Lolienkar, here.
Justice RA Mehta, a consultant for the Commission, has
also joined the team in Goa which has been going through the
Initial reports had suggested that probe would end by
Singh said it is not decided whether the report would be
in two phases or a single report would be prepared on Goa
Shah Commission had began investigation into Goa?s
illegal mining trade since September. The teams have already
inspected all the 90-odd operational mines and 30-odd non
operating mines in the state.
Sources said eight different teams were formed which will
revisit all the mines to cross verify the data.
"There are some discrepancies which have been noticed and
we want to bring them on record," a senior member said
refusing to divulge more details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India