‘No deadline for probe into Goa illegal mining’
Panaji: The Central government-appointed
Justice MB Shah Commission on Monday said there is no specific
time-frame to finish the enquiry initiated into the illegal
mining trade in Goa.
"There is no deadline. As soon as we finish we will
submit the report," UV Singh, a senior member of the
Commission told reporters after holding discussion with the
senior officials including Additional Principal Chief
Conservator of Forests Dr Shashi Kumar and Director of Mines
and Geology Arvind Lolienkar, here.
Justice RA Mehta, a consultant for the Commission, has
also joined the team in Goa which has been going through the
Initial reports had suggested that probe would end by
Singh said it is not decided whether the report would be
in two phases or a single report would be prepared on Goa
Shah Commission had began investigation into Goa?s
illegal mining trade since September. The teams have already
inspected all the 90-odd operational mines and 30-odd non
operating mines in the state.
Sources said eight different teams were formed which will
revisit all the mines to cross verify the data.
"There are some discrepancies which have been noticed and
we want to bring them on record," a senior member said
refusing to divulge more details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?