No difference between BJP or Congress govts: Goa BJP MLA
Panaji: A BJP MLA took on his own party`s government in Goa, claiming that there is no difference between the Congress and BJP-led governments in the state.
"There is no difference between BJP-led government and Congress-led government in Goa. Both bow to pressures," Vishnu Wagh, the legislator, told reporters here in Panaji.
The MLA said that the government has failed to fulfil the aspirations of the people.
The Congress party has a minuscule presence in the Goa legislative Assembly after the last polls which saw the BJP gaining a majority.
Wagh, who represents St Andre constituency for the BJP, said that he feels suffocated in the BJP-led government.
"I feel suffocated in the government. This is not new and I felt like this right from the beginning," he said.
However, he dodged questions about whether he would resign from the BJP and join NCP to fight the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections from the North Goa constituency.
"I have not been approached by any political party to join them," he said without divulging any further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them