No difference between BJP or Congress govts: Goa BJP MLA
Panaji: A BJP MLA took on his own party`s government in Goa, claiming that there is no difference between the Congress and BJP-led governments in the state.
"There is no difference between BJP-led government and Congress-led government in Goa. Both bow to pressures," Vishnu Wagh, the legislator, told reporters here in Panaji.
The MLA said that the government has failed to fulfil the aspirations of the people.
The Congress party has a minuscule presence in the Goa legislative Assembly after the last polls which saw the BJP gaining a majority.
Wagh, who represents St Andre constituency for the BJP, said that he feels suffocated in the BJP-led government.
"I feel suffocated in the government. This is not new and I felt like this right from the beginning," he said.
However, he dodged questions about whether he would resign from the BJP and join NCP to fight the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections from the North Goa constituency.
"I have not been approached by any political party to join them," he said without divulging any further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?