No difference between BJP or Congress govts: Goa BJP MLA
Panaji: A BJP MLA took on his own party`s government in Goa, claiming that there is no difference between the Congress and BJP-led governments in the state.
"There is no difference between BJP-led government and Congress-led government in Goa. Both bow to pressures," Vishnu Wagh, the legislator, told reporters here in Panaji.
The MLA said that the government has failed to fulfil the aspirations of the people.
The Congress party has a minuscule presence in the Goa legislative Assembly after the last polls which saw the BJP gaining a majority.
Wagh, who represents St Andre constituency for the BJP, said that he feels suffocated in the BJP-led government.
"I feel suffocated in the government. This is not new and I felt like this right from the beginning," he said.
However, he dodged questions about whether he would resign from the BJP and join NCP to fight the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections from the North Goa constituency.
"I have not been approached by any political party to join them," he said without divulging any further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH