No drugs in Goa: Home Minister
Panaji: A day after Goa police acknowledged availability of narcotics in the state was a reality, state Home Minister Ravi Naik dismissed it as a "media creation".
"There is no drug scene in Goa. It is created by the media, by press people. You will not get drugs here", Naik claimed.
In the backdrop of a Delhi girl dying due to suspected drug overdose, Goa Police had said yesterday that availability of narcotics was a reality in the tourist state.
"We have never denied availability of drugs in the state. We have been registering cases to control the drug trade," Goa Police spokesman Atmaram Deshpande told reporters at a press conference here.
Meha Bahuguna, a Delhi girl working in Bangalore, died after allegedly consuming drugs at Sunburn Music Festival at Candolim beach on December 30. The 23-year-old was admitted to Vintage Hospital here on December 29 after being shifted from the festival venue with breathing problem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune