No drugs in Goa: Home Minister
Panaji: A day after Goa police acknowledged availability of narcotics in the state was a reality, state Home Minister Ravi Naik dismissed it as a "media creation".
"There is no drug scene in Goa. It is created by the media, by press people. You will not get drugs here", Naik claimed.
In the backdrop of a Delhi girl dying due to suspected drug overdose, Goa Police had said yesterday that availability of narcotics was a reality in the tourist state.
"We have never denied availability of drugs in the state. We have been registering cases to control the drug trade," Goa Police spokesman Atmaram Deshpande told reporters at a press conference here.
Meha Bahuguna, a Delhi girl working in Bangalore, died after allegedly consuming drugs at Sunburn Music Festival at Candolim beach on December 30. The 23-year-old was admitted to Vintage Hospital here on December 29 after being shifted from the festival venue with breathing problem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical