No information on Bhatkal`s terror activities in Vasco: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today said in the Assembly that he had no information about Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal`s involvement in terror activities in Vasco.
Parrikar claimed that media reports which stated that Bhatkal recruited youth from Vasco for terror activities were "speculative".
"I have checked reports about missing youths from Vasco town. They have either migrated to some other place in the state or left for their native places. There is hardly any Goan who went missing," he told the Assembly.
However, he said that Bhatkal`s stay in a house at Anjuna has been confirmed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), which brought the terror suspect along with one associate Asadulla Akhtar to Goa on September 15, for investigations.
"The NIA team left Goa on November 16 and they have no details regarding Bhatkal`s visit to Vasco," he said, responding to a `Calling Attention Motion` moved by BJP legislator Vishnu Surya Wagh.
The NIA had seized one motorcycle, picric acid, nitric acid and toluene from the house where Bhatkal stayed from November 2011 to February 2012, he said, adding that in the light of these inputs, the Goa police has been sensitised.
"Extensive tenant verification has been initiated. All residents of Goa have also been requested to be careful in letting out their premises on rent and get tenants` credentials verified," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy