No minister will be dropped in reshuffle: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said that no minister would be dropped during the reshuffle of the cabinet scheduled within a month.
"I will not drop any minister. I will reshuffle the ministries if some minister finds it difficult to handle the portfolio," Parrikar said.
The Chief Minister said that he has already begun audit of the ministries which will be completed within a month.
Parrikar said that the state government is in the process of implementing Public Accountability Act, under which officials causing delay in providing services to the public would be penalised.
"I will take six months to implement the act but before that I need to understand the difficulties faced by the departments," he said.
The chief minister also said that ministers would be given an additional portfolio each.
Parrikar, after assuming charge in March last year, had given two portfolios each to the ministers and assured to give third portfolio within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP