No minister will be dropped in reshuffle: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said that no minister would be dropped during the reshuffle of the cabinet scheduled within a month.
"I will not drop any minister. I will reshuffle the ministries if some minister finds it difficult to handle the portfolio," Parrikar said.
The Chief Minister said that he has already begun audit of the ministries which will be completed within a month.
Parrikar said that the state government is in the process of implementing Public Accountability Act, under which officials causing delay in providing services to the public would be penalised.
"I will take six months to implement the act but before that I need to understand the difficulties faced by the departments," he said.
The chief minister also said that ministers would be given an additional portfolio each.
Parrikar, after assuming charge in March last year, had given two portfolios each to the ministers and assured to give third portfolio within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest