No minister will be dropped in reshuffle: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said that no minister would be dropped during the reshuffle of the cabinet scheduled within a month.
"I will not drop any minister. I will reshuffle the ministries if some minister finds it difficult to handle the portfolio," Parrikar said.
The Chief Minister said that he has already begun audit of the ministries which will be completed within a month.
Parrikar said that the state government is in the process of implementing Public Accountability Act, under which officials causing delay in providing services to the public would be penalised.
"I will take six months to implement the act but before that I need to understand the difficulties faced by the departments," he said.
The chief minister also said that ministers would be given an additional portfolio each.
Parrikar, after assuming charge in March last year, had given two portfolios each to the ministers and assured to give third portfolio within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'