No misuse of govt machinery at my son`s wedding: Parrikar
Panaji: With some opposition leaders levelling allegations of misuse of state machinery against him, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday rubbished the charge that he had misused government machinery for his son`s wedding last month.
"I never used any government machinery for the wedding. I drove in my own car to distribute invitations," the Chief Minister told a news agency today.
Reports in the local media had quoted some Congress leaders alleging that Parrikar had misused government machinery for his son Abhijat`s marriage on December 26.
"I will reply to the allegations if you point out a single allegation of misuse of government machinery against me. If some officer comes with his official car to attend the wedding than it cannot be termed as misuse of machinery," Parrikar said.
He said that as top BJP brass including Rajnath Singh, Narendra Modi and other leaders attended the function, the government machinery had to be used to provide security for VVIPs, which they are entitled to, as per the protocol.
Parrikar also clarified that the party will hire buses of state-owned Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited by paying charges for the January 12 rally of BJP`s PM candidate here.
Parrikar said BJP will hire KTCL buses to ferry workers for Modi`s upcoming rally by paying appropriate charges.
"KTCL buses are available for anyone on charges...Here we are not taking any favours. Even if opposition party wants then they can also hire these buses," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail