No shortage of good leaders in BJP: Naidu
Panaji: Senior party leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said that there is no dearth of leadership in BJP, if it was to project its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no dearth of leadership in BJP. Advaniji (L K Advani), Sushmaji (Sushma Swaraj), myself... All have set of records," Naidu told reporters here.
"The party will discuss the issue of the PM candidate at an appropriate time," he said, responding to a query seeking his reaction on Yashwant Sinha`s support for Narendra Modi.
"Modi is voted to work as a Chief Minister of Gujarat. He is a national leader. He has all qualities of national leader but the question is that the party is yet to have discussion on the PM candidate," Naidu said.
The party after discussing the PM candidate, will have further deliberations with its allies before announcing the name, he said.
Responding to yet another question, Naidu ruled out any impact of dissidence within the BJP in Karnataka on the prospects of the party in that state.
"There is some affect on the party due to the statements and counter statements by the leaders but people will vote back BJP to power there," he said referring to the developments in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon