No shortage of good leaders in BJP: Naidu
Panaji: Senior party leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said that there is no dearth of leadership in BJP, if it was to project its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no dearth of leadership in BJP. Advaniji (L K Advani), Sushmaji (Sushma Swaraj), myself... All have set of records," Naidu told reporters here.
"The party will discuss the issue of the PM candidate at an appropriate time," he said, responding to a query seeking his reaction on Yashwant Sinha`s support for Narendra Modi.
"Modi is voted to work as a Chief Minister of Gujarat. He is a national leader. He has all qualities of national leader but the question is that the party is yet to have discussion on the PM candidate," Naidu said.
The party after discussing the PM candidate, will have further deliberations with its allies before announcing the name, he said.
Responding to yet another question, Naidu ruled out any impact of dissidence within the BJP in Karnataka on the prospects of the party in that state.
"There is some affect on the party due to the statements and counter statements by the leaders but people will vote back BJP to power there," he said referring to the developments in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed