No shortage of good leaders in BJP: Naidu
Panaji: Senior party leader Venkaiah Naidu Wednesday said that there is no dearth of leadership in BJP, if it was to project its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no dearth of leadership in BJP. Advaniji (L K Advani), Sushmaji (Sushma Swaraj), myself... All have set of records," Naidu told reporters here.
"The party will discuss the issue of the PM candidate at an appropriate time," he said, responding to a query seeking his reaction on Yashwant Sinha`s support for Narendra Modi.
"Modi is voted to work as a Chief Minister of Gujarat. He is a national leader. He has all qualities of national leader but the question is that the party is yet to have discussion on the PM candidate," Naidu said.
The party after discussing the PM candidate, will have further deliberations with its allies before announcing the name, he said.
Responding to yet another question, Naidu ruled out any impact of dissidence within the BJP in Karnataka on the prospects of the party in that state.
"There is some affect on the party due to the statements and counter statements by the leaders but people will vote back BJP to power there," he said referring to the developments in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31