No teacher would lose job due to new MOI policy: Kamat
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat
has said that no teacher would be rendered jobless due to the
changed Medium of Instruction (MOI) policy, which now allows
English along with Konkani and Marathi as a MOI.
Kamat allayed the fear that there would be surplus
teachers, as Konkani and Marathi medium schools would switch
"All the teachers in the existing Marathi and Konkani
primary schools can teach English. Gone are the days when
primary teachers were just 10th passed in Konkani or Marathi
medium. The teachers now pass their tenth exam in English,"
Kamat said that the schools where the number of students
was too small would be turned into a cluster.
"We have formed a monitoring committee which will look
into all these issues," he said.
Meanwhile, the government is drawing flak for making
English as an additional MOI.
Organisations such as Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch
(BBSM) have threatened statewide agitation, if government does
not reverse the decision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference