No teacher would lose job due to new MOI policy: Kamat
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat
has said that no teacher would be rendered jobless due to the
changed Medium of Instruction (MOI) policy, which now allows
English along with Konkani and Marathi as a MOI.
Kamat allayed the fear that there would be surplus
teachers, as Konkani and Marathi medium schools would switch
"All the teachers in the existing Marathi and Konkani
primary schools can teach English. Gone are the days when
primary teachers were just 10th passed in Konkani or Marathi
medium. The teachers now pass their tenth exam in English,"
Kamat said that the schools where the number of students
was too small would be turned into a cluster.
"We have formed a monitoring committee which will look
into all these issues," he said.
Meanwhile, the government is drawing flak for making
English as an additional MOI.
Organisations such as Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch
(BBSM) have threatened statewide agitation, if government does
not reverse the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Modi bats for eco-friendly Ganesh Utsav, Durga Puja
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH