No teacher would lose job due to new MOI policy: Kamat
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat
has said that no teacher would be rendered jobless due to the
changed Medium of Instruction (MOI) policy, which now allows
English along with Konkani and Marathi as a MOI.
Kamat allayed the fear that there would be surplus
teachers, as Konkani and Marathi medium schools would switch
"All the teachers in the existing Marathi and Konkani
primary schools can teach English. Gone are the days when
primary teachers were just 10th passed in Konkani or Marathi
medium. The teachers now pass their tenth exam in English,"
Kamat said that the schools where the number of students
was too small would be turned into a cluster.
"We have formed a monitoring committee which will look
into all these issues," he said.
Meanwhile, the government is drawing flak for making
English as an additional MOI.
Organisations such as Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch
(BBSM) have threatened statewide agitation, if government does
not reverse the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III