Not interested in forming govt, says Goa BJP
Panaji: Even as the BJP went in for change
of leadership in Goa on Sunday, the party leaders said that they
were not interested in forming government by cashing in on
disappointment within the ruling coalition.
The newly elected President of Goa BJP, Laxmikant
Parsenkar, said the party does not favour forming the
government in the state even if disgruntled legislators come
up with their support.
"We are getting prepared for the next state assembly
elections scheduled two and half years later," he said.
Parsenkar, currently a legislator representing Mandrem
constituency, today took over as the President of Goa BJP from
outgoing president Shripad Naik, an MP from Panaji.
Goa is currently facing a political crisis with a group
of Congress legislators expressing their strong displeasure
over the chief minister, Digamber Kamat.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar, addressing the
state executive committee meeting said the BJP will form
government only after getting a fresh mandate from voters.
"Considering the ill-managed affairs of Digamber Kamat-
led government, there is not a slightest doubt that BJP will
come to power in the next elections," Parrikar claimed.
Even if we form the government taking support of few
legislators from the coalition government, we won`t be able to
perform. We want to form government on our own, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly