Not interested in forming govt, says Goa BJP
Panaji: Even as the BJP went in for change
of leadership in Goa on Sunday, the party leaders said that they
were not interested in forming government by cashing in on
disappointment within the ruling coalition.
The newly elected President of Goa BJP, Laxmikant
Parsenkar, said the party does not favour forming the
government in the state even if disgruntled legislators come
up with their support.
"We are getting prepared for the next state assembly
elections scheduled two and half years later," he said.
Parsenkar, currently a legislator representing Mandrem
constituency, today took over as the President of Goa BJP from
outgoing president Shripad Naik, an MP from Panaji.
Goa is currently facing a political crisis with a group
of Congress legislators expressing their strong displeasure
over the chief minister, Digamber Kamat.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar, addressing the
state executive committee meeting said the BJP will form
government only after getting a fresh mandate from voters.
"Considering the ill-managed affairs of Digamber Kamat-
led government, there is not a slightest doubt that BJP will
come to power in the next elections," Parrikar claimed.
Even if we form the government taking support of few
legislators from the coalition government, we won`t be able to
perform. We want to form government on our own, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3