Not willing to become Goa Lokayukta: Hegde
Panaji: Former Karnataka Lokayukta Justice
Santosh Hegde today said he was not willing to be Goa
Lokayukta, even if that office was offered to him.
Talking to reporters after attending a private function
near here, Hegde replied in negative when asked whether he
would like to take up the job.
"No," he said, without elaborating.
Yesterday, Hegde had talked about loopholes in the draft
Goa Lokayukta Bill, 2011, prepared by the Goa Law Commission.
The bill is likely to be tabled before the Legislative
Assembly on October 5, when the winter session would begin.
Interacting with the civil society groups in Goa
yesterday, Hegde said that voters should support only those
candidates who promise to support the Lokayukta Bill in the
Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge, had also said that
Goa government should notify Goa Lokayukta Bill, 2003, rather
than working on a new bill, which would delay the appointment
of Lokayukta in the state by another two years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview