Notice to education officials for not turning up in mid-day meal cases
Panaji: Goa State Human Rights Commission has issued show cause notices to two education department officials for failing to be present before the commission in connection with crucial mid-day meal poisoning cases.
GSHRC has issued show cause notices to state education secretary and director as they failed to be present or represent themselves on August 19, 2013, during the hearing on food poisoning cases in two schools.
Nearly 40 students - from Kamleshwar High School, Pernem (on July 27) and St Joseph High School, Usgao (on July 20) - had suffered food poisoning after eating mid-day meal.
The GSHRC had taken suo moto cognisance of these cases, asking the authorities to remain present with the detailed report.
Both the schools have filed their replies before the commission.
GSHRC chairman Justice PK Mishra, in the order issued on August 19, has asked education secretary and director of education as to why appropriate action should not be taken initiated against them for not responding to the notices.
The next hearing has been fixed on September 17, 2013.
Goa had witnessed three cases of food poisoning through mid-day meal in June-July this year wherein more than 100 students had fallen ill.
Besides the food poisoning cases at Pernem and Usgao, around 88 students had fallen sick after consuming mid-day meal at Mallikarjun High School in Canacona on June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth