Notice to education officials for not turning up in mid-day meal cases
Panaji: Goa State Human Rights Commission has issued show cause notices to two education department officials for failing to be present before the commission in connection with crucial mid-day meal poisoning cases.
GSHRC has issued show cause notices to state education secretary and director as they failed to be present or represent themselves on August 19, 2013, during the hearing on food poisoning cases in two schools.
Nearly 40 students - from Kamleshwar High School, Pernem (on July 27) and St Joseph High School, Usgao (on July 20) - had suffered food poisoning after eating mid-day meal.
The GSHRC had taken suo moto cognisance of these cases, asking the authorities to remain present with the detailed report.
Both the schools have filed their replies before the commission.
GSHRC chairman Justice PK Mishra, in the order issued on August 19, has asked education secretary and director of education as to why appropriate action should not be taken initiated against them for not responding to the notices.
The next hearing has been fixed on September 17, 2013.
Goa had witnessed three cases of food poisoning through mid-day meal in June-July this year wherein more than 100 students had fallen ill.
Besides the food poisoning cases at Pernem and Usgao, around 88 students had fallen sick after consuming mid-day meal at Mallikarjun High School in Canacona on June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview