NSG to defuse stack of Goa crude bombs
Panaji: A team of National Security Guard (NSG) will arrive in Goa on Friday to defuse a stack of crude bombs discovered at the site of a low intensity blast that killed one and injured five Thursday.
Police sources said bomb disposal experts from the elite unit would be requested to defuse over 30 crude bombs rigged together with dynamite and detonator caps, used both in stone mining operations prevalent in and around San Jose de Areal village, located 40 km from here, as well as to poach wild boar.
"The NSG has been requested to defuse the bombs. But they are also interested to know how the deceased bomb maker could amass such a big quantity of dynamite. They also want to track down the source of the illegally procured dynamite, which also can be used for terror activities if required," a senior police officer told IANS on condition of anonymity.
Paplu Mulgund, a native of Karnataka and the bomb maker, was killed and five, including his wife and two children, injured in the blast late Thursday at his one-room tenement. Inspection of his house revealed presence over 30 other crude bombs, which somehow survived the blast.
Police have ruled out any terror angle to Thursday`s blast.
San Jose de Areal and its nearby area are infamous for illegal stone quarrying as well as hunting of wild boars with the help of such bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow