NSG to defuse stack of Goa crude bombs
Panaji: A team of National Security Guard (NSG) will arrive in Goa on Friday to defuse a stack of crude bombs discovered at the site of a low intensity blast that killed one and injured five Thursday.
Police sources said bomb disposal experts from the elite unit would be requested to defuse over 30 crude bombs rigged together with dynamite and detonator caps, used both in stone mining operations prevalent in and around San Jose de Areal village, located 40 km from here, as well as to poach wild boar.
"The NSG has been requested to defuse the bombs. But they are also interested to know how the deceased bomb maker could amass such a big quantity of dynamite. They also want to track down the source of the illegally procured dynamite, which also can be used for terror activities if required," a senior police officer told IANS on condition of anonymity.
Paplu Mulgund, a native of Karnataka and the bomb maker, was killed and five, including his wife and two children, injured in the blast late Thursday at his one-room tenement. Inspection of his house revealed presence over 30 other crude bombs, which somehow survived the blast.
Police have ruled out any terror angle to Thursday`s blast.
San Jose de Areal and its nearby area are infamous for illegal stone quarrying as well as hunting of wild boars with the help of such bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez