NSUI concerned over Russian drug mafia in Goa; writes to DGP
Panaji: The student wing of Congress has said the Russian drug mafia has spread its tentacles in Goa, which was evident from a sting operation aired by a national
National Students` Union of India (NSUI), in a letter to Director General of Police Aditya Arya, has said a Russian woman was caught on camera purportedly confessing about drug
trade and prostitution ring on the state`s tourism belt.
The woman, identified only as `Katya`, has confessed about the drug underbelly of the state, NSUI Goa chief Sunil Kawthankar has said.
The woman should be traced and interrogated to expose the Russian drug mafia, he said.
Kawthankar pointed out that the video aired by the channel shows the woman giving details about availability of drugs in the costal state.
"Drugs have threatened our state, the tourism industry as well as the reputation of Goa, which is now being labeled as the drugs capital of India."
NSUI tested success in its anti-drug campaign when, acting on its petition, the Bombay High Court recently directed the Goa Government to hand over drug mafia-policemen
nexus cases to the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’