NSUI concerned over Russian drug mafia in Goa; writes to DGP
Panaji: The student wing of Congress has said the Russian drug mafia has spread its tentacles in Goa, which was evident from a sting operation aired by a national
National Students` Union of India (NSUI), in a letter to Director General of Police Aditya Arya, has said a Russian woman was caught on camera purportedly confessing about drug
trade and prostitution ring on the state`s tourism belt.
The woman, identified only as `Katya`, has confessed about the drug underbelly of the state, NSUI Goa chief Sunil Kawthankar has said.
The woman should be traced and interrogated to expose the Russian drug mafia, he said.
Kawthankar pointed out that the video aired by the channel shows the woman giving details about availability of drugs in the costal state.
"Drugs have threatened our state, the tourism industry as well as the reputation of Goa, which is now being labeled as the drugs capital of India."
NSUI tested success in its anti-drug campaign when, acting on its petition, the Bombay High Court recently directed the Goa Government to hand over drug mafia-policemen
nexus cases to the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!