NSUI concerned over Russian drug mafia in Goa; writes to DGP
Panaji: The student wing of Congress has said the Russian drug mafia has spread its tentacles in Goa, which was evident from a sting operation aired by a national
National Students` Union of India (NSUI), in a letter to Director General of Police Aditya Arya, has said a Russian woman was caught on camera purportedly confessing about drug
trade and prostitution ring on the state`s tourism belt.
The woman, identified only as `Katya`, has confessed about the drug underbelly of the state, NSUI Goa chief Sunil Kawthankar has said.
The woman should be traced and interrogated to expose the Russian drug mafia, he said.
Kawthankar pointed out that the video aired by the channel shows the woman giving details about availability of drugs in the costal state.
"Drugs have threatened our state, the tourism industry as well as the reputation of Goa, which is now being labeled as the drugs capital of India."
NSUI tested success in its anti-drug campaign when, acting on its petition, the Bombay High Court recently directed the Goa Government to hand over drug mafia-policemen
nexus cases to the CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case