NSUI files complaint against Ravi Naik in drugs ca
Panaji: Congress` student wing NSUI on Friday filed a police complaint against its own party`s former Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik, his son Roy, a CBI officer and two senior officials from Goa police in connection with the drug nexus case.
National Students Union of India (NSUI) vice chairman Sunil Kawthankar, in a complaint filed with the Crime Branch, has also named CBI Superintendent Prem Kumar, suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaonkar and Superintendent of Police Mangaldas Naik, besides Ravi and Roy Naik as the accused in the case.
The complaint is based on the recent report by a local television channel, which had earlier exposed the statement of Swedish Model Lucky Farmhouse, former girlfriend of Israeli druglord Yaniv Benaim alias Atala.
Farmhouse had alleged that Roy had personally collected protection money from Atala on several occasions.
After filing the police complaint, Kawthankar, addressing a press conference, said that the Crime Branch had enough evidence against Roy in the form of statement by Farmhouse to arrest him.
Kawthankar also blamed the CBI for "hiding" the statement. "We have recent media statement by the CBI SP Prem Kumar, in which, he has specifically denied that Roy Naik was named in the statement. We want the investigation into the conduct of CBI SP too," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur