NSUI files complaint against Ravi Naik in drugs ca
Panaji: Congress` student wing NSUI on Friday filed a police complaint against its own party`s former Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik, his son Roy, a CBI officer and two senior officials from Goa police in connection with the drug nexus case.
National Students Union of India (NSUI) vice chairman Sunil Kawthankar, in a complaint filed with the Crime Branch, has also named CBI Superintendent Prem Kumar, suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrakant Salgaonkar and Superintendent of Police Mangaldas Naik, besides Ravi and Roy Naik as the accused in the case.
The complaint is based on the recent report by a local television channel, which had earlier exposed the statement of Swedish Model Lucky Farmhouse, former girlfriend of Israeli druglord Yaniv Benaim alias Atala.
Farmhouse had alleged that Roy had personally collected protection money from Atala on several occasions.
After filing the police complaint, Kawthankar, addressing a press conference, said that the Crime Branch had enough evidence against Roy in the form of statement by Farmhouse to arrest him.
Kawthankar also blamed the CBI for "hiding" the statement. "We have recent media statement by the CBI SP Prem Kumar, in which, he has specifically denied that Roy Naik was named in the statement. We want the investigation into the conduct of CBI SP too," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’