NSUI not supporting case against Alemao
Panaji: National Students Union of India
(NSUI), students wing of Congress party on Saturday disassociated itself from its Goa Chief Sunil Kawthankar`s
fight against alleged corruption in Congress-led Goa
NSUI’s Goa Observer Leni Jadhav today said that the
organisation would not support corruption case filed by
Kawthankar against state Public Works Department Minister
Kawthankar has filed a criminal complaint against Alemao
with Panaji police alleging that the minister had siphoned off
money under the guise of providing water tanks under a
Jadhav said that NSUI high command has initiated enquiry
against Kawthankar for filing the case against Congress
"He did not take permission from the high command. There
are some procedures that you need to follow in the party
set-up," she said.
NSUI Goa chief had in the past filed a case against
nexus among politician-policemen and drug peddler demanding
that CBI should enquire into it.
"There was also an enquiry conducted against him when he
went to the court against drug nexus," she said adding that as
a member of the party, he should have believed in the
government machinery to do the job.
The drug nexus case allegedly involving state Home
Minister Ravi Naik’s son, Roy, was investigated by Crime
branch before it was handed over to CBI.
When pointed out that Kawthankar had even petitioned
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi over the issue, Jadhav said that
politicians (Rahul Gandhi) cannot do anything. It is for the
government machinery to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside