Ok to slap slack officials, says Goa minister
Panaji: It is OK to slap government officials who do not work efficiently, according to Goa Civil Supplies Minister Dayanand Mandrekar.
Mandrekar made the remark Monday during a debate on civil supplies in the ongoing budget session of the state legislative assembly.
"Sometimes officials do not do any work properly and do not listen too. Then like he (Mickky Pacheco) said, they should be slapped," Mandrekar said.
Goa Vikas party legislator Mickky Pachecho earlier during the debate said that officials of the water resources department had been ignoring the building of a retaining wall in the village of Betalbatim, 30 km from here, and that there was no way that they could be made to work unless people slapped them.
Pacheco has already been convicted for slapping a government official on duty. He has appealed against the sentence.
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'
- Why US President Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump at final correspondents' dinner