‘Open varsity degrees not enough for govt job`
Panaji: The educational certificates from the open universities would not make a candidate eligible to be recruited in Goa government services, state Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly Friday.
Parrikar said the recruitment rules for the government jobs would be amended, making it mandatory that the educational certificate should be from a fully attended college.
"All recruitment rules will be amended to make it compulsory that qualification should be from the fully attended college," the Chief Minister said.
The issue of fake educational certificates was raised on the floor of the House by BJP legislator Dr Pramod Sawant, who claimed that the institutes giving fake certificates have been mushrooming in the state.
Parrikar said there were several government jobs which were taken based on the fake certificates.
"I don`t say that the degrees from open universities are fake, but for the government job purpose they won`t be entertained," he pointed out.
The Chief Minister alleged that bogus certificates were procured from an institute, which was booked by the Crime Branch.
The government will also file criminal cases against those who have used the bogus certificates to get government jobs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi