Pacheco arrested in forgery case
Panaji: Goa`s former tourism minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco was on Friday arrested by Margao police in connection with a forgery case filed against him by his estranged wife Sara.
Sara, had filed four different cases of forgery against him in January 2009 in which she had accused him of selling her properties by forging her signature.
Pacheco, whose police custody expired today, was handed over to Margao police by JMFC. The court had remanded him to 14-day judicial custody in Nadia Torrado death case.
The court had remanded him to 14 days Judicial custody in Nadia Torrado death case.
The former minister was taken to JMFC by Crime Branch to extend the police custody, which was refused by the court.
Instead, the court admitting the petition in forgery case transferred his custody to Margao police.
"We will produce him before the court by evening and seek his remand," Police Inspector Santosh Desai said.
Anacleto Viegas, lawyer representing Pacheco, has moved three more anticipatory bail applications before the district and sessions court in Margao.
All applications are related to different cases filed by Sara including selling of a car by forging her signature.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved two bail petitions before District court in Nadia death case and forgery case, which would be heard later in the day by Judge BP Deshpande.
The former minister was arrested on July 7 in connection with death of his close friend Nadia Torrado. Her mother Sonia and Pacheco`s close aide Lyndon Monteiro are also
booked in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day