Pacheco arrested in forgery case
Panaji: Goa`s former tourism minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco was on Friday arrested by Margao police in connection with a forgery case filed against him by his estranged wife Sara.
Sara, had filed four different cases of forgery against him in January 2009 in which she had accused him of selling her properties by forging her signature.
Pacheco, whose police custody expired today, was handed over to Margao police by JMFC. The court had remanded him to 14-day judicial custody in Nadia Torrado death case.
The court had remanded him to 14 days Judicial custody in Nadia Torrado death case.
The former minister was taken to JMFC by Crime Branch to extend the police custody, which was refused by the court.
Instead, the court admitting the petition in forgery case transferred his custody to Margao police.
"We will produce him before the court by evening and seek his remand," Police Inspector Santosh Desai said.
Anacleto Viegas, lawyer representing Pacheco, has moved three more anticipatory bail applications before the district and sessions court in Margao.
All applications are related to different cases filed by Sara including selling of a car by forging her signature.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved two bail petitions before District court in Nadia death case and forgery case, which would be heard later in the day by Judge BP Deshpande.
The former minister was arrested on July 7 in connection with death of his close friend Nadia Torrado. Her mother Sonia and Pacheco`s close aide Lyndon Monteiro are also
booked in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj