Pacheco hospitalised after chest pain complaint
Panaji: NCP legislator Fransisco Pacheco,
convicted for assaulting a government servant, was admitted to
the Goa Medical College here after he complained of chest
Police sources said today that Pacheco, who underwent a
medical check up at Primary Health Centre in Chicalim village
on his way to the sub-jail yesterday, was found to be have low
blood pressure besides complaints of chest pain.
"He was immediately shifted to Goa Medical College and
Hospital, where he is admitted in the General ward," officials
The District and Sessions Court in Margao, yesterday
upheld Pacheco`s conviction for assaulting a junior engineer
of the electricity department, Kapil Natekar in 2007.
He was sentenced to six months simple imprisonment by
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) last month.
The MLA representing Benaulim constituency was
chargesheeted by local police for assaulting the engineer
after inviting him to his office.
Meanwhile, the former Goa tourism minister has filed a
revision petition before the District Court seeking to quash
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year