Pacheco hospitalised after chest pain complaint
Panaji: NCP legislator Fransisco Pacheco,
convicted for assaulting a government servant, was admitted to
the Goa Medical College here after he complained of chest
Police sources said today that Pacheco, who underwent a
medical check up at Primary Health Centre in Chicalim village
on his way to the sub-jail yesterday, was found to be have low
blood pressure besides complaints of chest pain.
"He was immediately shifted to Goa Medical College and
Hospital, where he is admitted in the General ward," officials
The District and Sessions Court in Margao, yesterday
upheld Pacheco`s conviction for assaulting a junior engineer
of the electricity department, Kapil Natekar in 2007.
He was sentenced to six months simple imprisonment by
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) last month.
The MLA representing Benaulim constituency was
chargesheeted by local police for assaulting the engineer
after inviting him to his office.
Meanwhile, the former Goa tourism minister has filed a
revision petition before the District Court seeking to quash
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"