Pacheco moves breach of privilege motion again Goa CM
Panaji: Former Goa tourism minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco today moved breach of privilege motion against Chief Minister Digamber Kamat in the State Legislative Assembly.
The motion referred to a statement made by Kamat when he categorically denied having spoken to NCP chief Sharad Pawar when Pacheco resigned as a tourism minister.
Speaker of Goa Legislative Assembly Pratapsingh Rane, however, has not yet admitted the motion stating that he wants to examine it.
The NCP legislator said that he has enough proof to prove that Kamat had spoken to Pawar on the day before he was pressurised to resign.
"I was pressurised to step down after Chief Minister told my party leader Pawar that there is evidence against me in Nadia Torrado death case," Pacheco had said on the floor
of the House.
The former tourism minister had stepped down on June 5 from the state cabinet and went into hiding for almost a month before surrendering to the court on July 3.
Pacheco was arrested on July 7 and was remanded to police custody.
After getting released on bail following 15 days in police custody and a day in judicial custody, Pacheco made his statement in the ongoing state Legislative Assembly session.
He had alleged that he was being targeted because he belongs to minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings