Pacheco sentenced to 6-month jail in assault case
Panaji: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
legislator Fransisco Pacheco was on Wednesday sentenced to six months
imprisonment by a local court in connection with a case of
assault on a government servant.
The former Goa Tourism Minister was chargesheeted for
assaulting a Junior Engineer of the Electricity department,
Kapil Natekar in 2006.
The District and sessions court at Margao today upheld
the conviction by a Judicial Magistrate in the case and
refused him bail following which the MLA was immediately
arrested and transferred to the Sada sub jail.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved the Bombay High Court
challenging the sentencing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof