Pacheco sentenced to 6-month jail in assault case
Panaji: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
legislator Fransisco Pacheco was on Wednesday sentenced to six months
imprisonment by a local court in connection with a case of
assault on a government servant.
The former Goa Tourism Minister was chargesheeted for
assaulting a Junior Engineer of the Electricity department,
Kapil Natekar in 2006.
The District and sessions court at Margao today upheld
the conviction by a Judicial Magistrate in the case and
refused him bail following which the MLA was immediately
arrested and transferred to the Sada sub jail.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved the Bombay High Court
challenging the sentencing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video