Pacheco sentenced to 6-month jail in assault case
Panaji: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
legislator Fransisco Pacheco was on Wednesday sentenced to six months
imprisonment by a local court in connection with a case of
assault on a government servant.
The former Goa Tourism Minister was chargesheeted for
assaulting a Junior Engineer of the Electricity department,
Kapil Natekar in 2006.
The District and sessions court at Margao today upheld
the conviction by a Judicial Magistrate in the case and
refused him bail following which the MLA was immediately
arrested and transferred to the Sada sub jail.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved the Bombay High Court
challenging the sentencing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair