Pacheco sentenced to 6-month jail in assault case
Panaji: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
legislator Fransisco Pacheco was on Wednesday sentenced to six months
imprisonment by a local court in connection with a case of
assault on a government servant.
The former Goa Tourism Minister was chargesheeted for
assaulting a Junior Engineer of the Electricity department,
Kapil Natekar in 2006.
The District and sessions court at Margao today upheld
the conviction by a Judicial Magistrate in the case and
refused him bail following which the MLA was immediately
arrested and transferred to the Sada sub jail.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved the Bombay High Court
challenging the sentencing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'