Pacheco sentenced to 6-month jail in assault case
Panaji: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
legislator Fransisco Pacheco was on Wednesday sentenced to six months
imprisonment by a local court in connection with a case of
assault on a government servant.
The former Goa Tourism Minister was chargesheeted for
assaulting a Junior Engineer of the Electricity department,
Kapil Natekar in 2006.
The District and sessions court at Margao today upheld
the conviction by a Judicial Magistrate in the case and
refused him bail following which the MLA was immediately
arrested and transferred to the Sada sub jail.
Meanwhile, Pacheco has moved the Bombay High Court
challenging the sentencing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why