Pacheco sentenced to one-year imprisonment
Panaji: Former Goa Tourism Minister
Fransisco Mickey Pacheco was on Wednesday sentenced to one-year
imprisonment for assaulting a junior engineer of the state
Judicial Magistrate First Class in Margao town ordered
the imprisonment, which was suspended for 30 days, allowing
Pacheco to appeal in the higher court.
Pacheco, an NCP legislator, had been arrested in
connection with the death of his lady friend Nadia Torrado
In the current case, he had assaulted junior engineer
Kapil Natekar by calling him in his office on July 16, 2006.
Police, in their charge sheet, said that Pacheco had also
threatened the junior engineer with dire consequences.
Pacheco, however, had denied the charges claiming that
the allegations were politically motivated.
The former minister has been in news for wrong reasons
several times, including during the investigation by CBI
against him for allegedly trafficking humans beings in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi