Pacheco`s illness claim suspicious: Goa Police
Panaji: Suspecting that former Goa minister
Fransisco Pacheco, named accused in the mysterious death of
his woman friend, might be feigning illness, police today said
certificates given by his doctors should be referred to a
Public Prosecutor Sarojini Sardinha, arguing for Goa
Police`s crime branch, said during the hearing of the bail
petition filed by Pacheco that there was no mention of
sickness by the former tourism minister before he surrendered
to the court.
"Only when he was remanded in judicial custody, he
complained of sickness and got admitted in ICU," she said.
Pointed out errors in the medical report submitted by
the state-run Hospicio hospital, Sardinha said the accused had
refused to allow examination of his blood despite complaining
of jaundice, hypertension and urinary tract infection.
The 46-year old NCP leader should be referred to a
medical board as the certificates given by doctors from
Hospicio hospital were suspicious, the crime branch said.
"Alternatively, medical certificates by doctors should
be examined to check their veracity," Sardinha submitted
before Additional Sessions judge Pramod Shetye.
The public prosecutor said that having not subjected to
custodial interrogation, the bail application by Pacheco after
surrendering to the court, is premature.
"There are no changes in circumstances from the time, he
was refused anticipatory bail by Supreme court."
Seeking Pacheco`s custodial interrogation, Sardinha more
persons could be involved in Nadia`s death. "To get out all
the facts, we need custodial interrogation of the accused."
After hearing the arguments of Pacheco`s lawyer Surendra
Desai and Sardinha, the sessions court reserved its order till
Pacheco is currently admitted to the Hospicio hospital
in Margao where he is undergoing treatment.
The former minister is accused of abetment to suicide
and culpable homicide not amounting to murder in connection
with the death of his close friend Nadia, 28, who died after
allegedly consuming poison on May 30 in Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read