Pacheco`s judicial custody extended by a day
Panaji: The judicial custody of former Goa
minister Francisco Pacheco, booked by police for the death of
a female friend, was today extended by a day by a local court.
Pacheco, currently admitted in a hospital here, was
remanded in two-day judicial custody on Saturday when he
surrendered before the court after remaining underground for
nearly a month.
He was later admitted to a government-run hospital
near here after complaining of chest pain.
The 46-year-old NCP legislator is facing charges of
abetment of suicide and culpable homicide in connection with
the death of 28-year-old Nadia Torrado in May.
Earlier, Sessions Judge Pramod Kamat heard the
arguments on Pacheco`s bail petition. The former tourism
minister`s counsel Surendra Desai termed the case against his
client as "politically motivated".
Public Prosecutor Sarojini Sardinaha pointed out that
details of Pacheco`s health condition have not been produced
before the court. The judge asked the jailer to explain the
dereliction on part of the prison authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf