Pacheco`s judicial custody extended by a day
Panaji: The judicial custody of former Goa
minister Francisco Pacheco, booked by police for the death of
a female friend, was today extended by a day by a local court.
Pacheco, currently admitted in a hospital here, was
remanded in two-day judicial custody on Saturday when he
surrendered before the court after remaining underground for
nearly a month.
He was later admitted to a government-run hospital
near here after complaining of chest pain.
The 46-year-old NCP legislator is facing charges of
abetment of suicide and culpable homicide in connection with
the death of 28-year-old Nadia Torrado in May.
Earlier, Sessions Judge Pramod Kamat heard the
arguments on Pacheco`s bail petition. The former tourism
minister`s counsel Surendra Desai termed the case against his
client as "politically motivated".
Public Prosecutor Sarojini Sardinaha pointed out that
details of Pacheco`s health condition have not been produced
before the court. The judge asked the jailer to explain the
dereliction on part of the prison authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?