Pacheco`s judicial custody extended by a day
Panaji: The judicial custody of former Goa
minister Francisco Pacheco, booked by police for the death of
a female friend, was today extended by a day by a local court.
Pacheco, currently admitted in a hospital here, was
remanded in two-day judicial custody on Saturday when he
surrendered before the court after remaining underground for
nearly a month.
He was later admitted to a government-run hospital
near here after complaining of chest pain.
The 46-year-old NCP legislator is facing charges of
abetment of suicide and culpable homicide in connection with
the death of 28-year-old Nadia Torrado in May.
Earlier, Sessions Judge Pramod Kamat heard the
arguments on Pacheco`s bail petition. The former tourism
minister`s counsel Surendra Desai termed the case against his
client as "politically motivated".
Public Prosecutor Sarojini Sardinaha pointed out that
details of Pacheco`s health condition have not been produced
before the court. The judge asked the jailer to explain the
dereliction on part of the prison authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?