Padma Shri to Rodricks may legitimise homosexuality, says BJP
Panaji: A day after the name of Goa-based fashion designer Wendell Rodricks was announced for Padma Shri Award, the local BJP unit claimed that the award may legitimise homosexuality, though it also congratulated him.
"I am not aware whether he is gay or not, but if it is so, then it would be a proud movement for his colleagues. His colleagues will be happy now that he has received recognition. This may legitimise the homosexual movement," BJP Goa unit spokesman Wilfred Mesquita told during a press conference here.
However, he was quick enough to add that, "Rodricks may have been honoured for his skills, art and contribution for society. It is proud moment for Goa".
The Goa-based fashion designer was in the news after he publicly married his male partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack