Parrikar plans to venture into farming post-retirement
Panaji: Without setting any deadline for his retirement, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today disclosed his plans to retire from active politics and venture into agriculture profession.
To a question on agriculture on the floor of the House, Parrikar said he wants to make agriculture as a "financially viable profession" which will help reduce the lands from being kept fallow.
"I intend to retire and take up agriculture as a profession," he said, without elaborating on it.
A few days back, the chief minister had announced that this would be his last stint in politics as he "wants to retire early."
Parrikar today said on the floor of the House that he aims to increase the agricultural growth by 6 per cent during the current financial year.
He said the government will table a Bill during the current session to ban the sale of agricultural land to non-agriculturists and also ban conversion of agricultural land in the state.
In the next two years, Goa will top in the agriculture production in the country, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed